Tuesday 7 April 2015

March 2015 !!!!

March Makes !!!


I can't believe it was July last year when I last added anything to my blog!!  I plan, from today, to try to add at least one post a month !!!

Mother's Day Cards

For Mother's Day this year, I went elephant mad, using some really cute Crafter's Companion 'Humphrey's Corner' toppers, co-ordinating patterned papers and card, mirri card and gems.  I used a tonic rose circle die to make a decorative layer to provide a base for the Humphrey's Corner topper.  I printed an insert in co-ordinating colours with a Mother's Day sentiment.  I didn't put a sentiment on the outside of the card in case the recipient wanted to keep the card after the event as a picture.

Although I made three very similar cards, I think the different colours make them look individual.
























New Baby Card

I also used the same concept for a New Baby Card.  I layered mirri card, centura pearl then created a patterned paper in co-ordinating colours  (with dummies and bottles create a pattern) then printed and cut with tonic die.  I used the same printed paper to create an insert.




Treat Boxes For Special Mum's ....

My best friend hosted a lovely afternoon tea for friends and their mums ... my contribution to the afternoon was to make treat boxes with chocolates, which went down very well !!  







I used Centura Pearl card and, using Serif Craft Artist 2, printed patterned box templates.  
 













Using a score board I marked and folded the box templates.  The boxes were stuck together with
red liner tape (for maximum strength)






Once the Boxes were constructed, I
made flowers using punched hearts
from the same card.  I attached these
to the lid of the boxes using pinflair glue.
Then, the most important part, I put two wrapped chocolates in each box and secured
with a small piece of tape.






These are just some of the things I made in march, I hope you like them, I certainly had fun making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment